Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shaman Source - Mushroom Live Culture Guide : SS Guidance
ShamanSource
Super Administrator

mushroom.gif posted on 1-8-2019 at 03:50 PM
Shaman Source - Mushroom Live Culture Guide : SS Guidance

Centrifuge Tube Culture :

Upon receiving a centrifuge tube culture I recommend you transfer it to a slant tube, petri dish, substrate jar, or lc jar immediately.

This can be done by using a sterile scalpel/tweezers to remove the wedge from the tube... or by simply dropping it onto the dish or into jar of choice if it will just fall out for you.

Petri Dish Culture :

Upon receiving a culture packaged in a petri you may want to let it grow out depending upon the age of the culture. Once the culture has taken over the dish you can cut small wedges and transfer them to other petri dishes to expand/isolate the culture... as well as to slants, lc media jars, or substrate jars.

These can sit [sealed well] for months at room temperature. They should be able to go longer [sealed well] placed inside a ziplock inside of the refrigerator.

Slant Culture :

Upon receiving a slant culture tube, I recommend letting it grow out and then taking your culture pulls from it one it grows out some. These are cultures to be stored for long periods of time. These can be stored in a sealed bag inside the refrigerator for longer than a year. However while they are growing I would leave them in room temps to take over the slant and then go into the refrigerator for storage.

Once you have a grown out slant culture, or atleast one you're ready to take a transfer from, treat it like any other agar to agar transfer.

ShamanSource
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-11-2019 at 11:54 PM

Go To Top